The BIO/Plan Competition is designed to foster the creation of new venture-attractive life science and medical technology companies and the development of corporate partnering opportunities in the Southeast U.S.
Working closely with technology transfer and commercialization offices across the region, the competition seeks and helps cultivate opportunities from southeastern research universities, research centers and existing entrepreneurs.
The deadline to apply is April 15, 2013. CLICK HERE TO APPLY.
Here’s how it works…
- Principal investigator/entrepreneur/
commercialization officer completes a short applicationoutlining the business opportunity in broad terms.
- Selection committee chooses up to 10 semi-finalists and assigns each a team of seasoned professionals who serve as mentors to the principals for 4 months as they create a 15 page or less business proposal/development plan.
- Semi-finalists submit their business proposal/development plan to a panel of expert judges and up to 4 finalists are selected.
- Finalists present their opportunities to life science and medical technology industry experts at the 2013 SEBIO Investor Forum being held November 5-7 at the Jefferson Hotel in Richmond, Virginia.
- One winner is selected at the 2013 SEBIO Investor Forum and awarded a $10,000 cash prize to help achieve a significant business development milestone.
To learn more, visit the website: 2013 BIO/Plan Competition.
For general questions about the BIO/Plan Competition, contact Jennifer Sherer (email@example.com).
For technical questions about the BIO/Plan application, contact Dave Poole (firstname.lastname@example.org).